Landmark Preservation Commission
- The 3rd Monday of every month
- 1010 10th street, 3rd floor, room 3001
|David Roddick||Appointed by Modesto City Council||November 8, 2020|
|Barratt Lipomi||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2018|
|Matthew Lippert||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2018|
|Denzil Walker||Appointed by Modesto City Council||January 1, 2018|
|Jonathon Bruno||Appointed by Modesto City Council||November 8, 2020|
|Samuel Gonzalez||Appointed by Modesto City Council||November 8, 2020|
|David Leamon||Culture Commission Representative||January 1, 2020|
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas and minutes will be available prior to and following the first Landmark Preservation Commission meeting.
The Landmark Preservation Commission advises City Council on matters related to historic structures and other resources in addition to policies and practices pertaining to preservation of Modesto's landmarks.
In order to serve on this commission, an applicant must be a registered voter in the City of Modesto and should have professional skills and/or a demonstrated interest in historical preservation. The voting members should be selected from the following:
- At least one (1) member should be an architect, or if an architect should not be available, an experienced person of the building trades;
- At least one (1) member should be a professional or experienced person in the areas of history, architectural history, archaeology, planning, real estate, design, building trades, landscape architecture or law;
- At least one (1) member should be a person with a background in finance, accounting, appraising or related field;
- At least one (1) member should be a member of the McHenry Museum and Historical Society;
- The other member shall be drawn from persons with a demonstrated interest and/or expertise in historical preservation; and
- One (1) member should also be a member of the Modesto Culture Commission and would serve on both commissions alternatively, a person recommended by the Culture Commission may be appointed by the City Council to serve only on the Landmark Preservation Commission.