View all facilities
Station 4 houses an Engine Company and a Hazardous Materials Response Company. It is the base of the hazardous materials team. This team is specially trained to respond to significant hazardous material calls in Modesto and throughout Stanislaus County. The firefighters assigned to Station 4 are all Hazardous Material Specialists. Station 4 is located next to the Regional Fire Training Center. The current Station 4 was opened following the completion of the Briggsmore Avenue overpass in July 1976. It was dedicated to retiring Fire Chief Robert Gunn. The station replaced old station 4 which had served the community on Virginia Avenue since 1948. The original Station 4 was dedicated to Fire Chief George Wallace.