Our mission is maintaining and improving traffic safety.
- Traffic Engineering Division:
- Maintains a City-wide accident database.
- Investigates and responds to citizen
inquiries on traffic-related issues.
- Designs traffic signals.
- Operates Advanced Traffic Management Systems.
- Designs and constructs traffic improvement projects.
- Completes applications for Safe Routes to Schools
- Analyzes traffic impacts of proposed developments and recommends
- Provides traffic signal timing and coordination.
- Transportation Planning.
- Traffic modeling.
- Traffic Electrical Division:
- Traffic signal maintenance.
- Street light maintenance.
- City building electrical system maintenance.
- Also maintains traffic signals for Stanislaus
County, Ceres and Riverbank.
- Traffic Operations Division:
- Pavement striping - center lines, lane lines,
bike lanes, etc.
- Pavement legends - "STOP", "YIELD", "KEEP
CLEAR", directional arrows, etc.
- Traffic sign installation and maintenance -
Stop, Yield, Speed Limit, No Parking, etc.
Maintains more than 27,000 signs.
- Traffic safety.