- How do I contact or make an appointment with a City Councilmember?
Council members may contacted by phone, fax or e-mail. They can be phoned by calling (209) 571-5169 or faxed information by dialing (209) 571-5586. Councilmembers can be reached by e-mail at:
Information about each Councilmember and District is available on the City Council Web site: www.modestogov.com/council/.
- Where are the offices of the City Councilmembers located?
- The City Council offices are located on the 6th floor of the City/County Administration Building (Tenth Street Place), 1010 Tenth Street, Suite 6200, Modesto, CA 95354.
- When are the Council meetings?
- The City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. on the first, second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Meetings are not held on the third or fifth Tuesday, unless a special meeting is called by City Council.
Special meetings may be called by the Mayor or majority of the council members. Regular meetings are televised live by the local cable television company.
The City Council Chamber is located in the basement of Tenth Street Place, 1010 Tenth Street in Modesto, CA.
- How do I get involved in City Government?
- Be informed.
City services, policies and spending are discussed year-round at the City Council meetings. Come to meetings, view them on the local cable channel, view them live online, or review archived meetings.
Know your City Council Members.
Go online to www.modestogov.com and click on City Council to view the biographies of your elected officials. You can also find out information on the various committees of the Council, the terms of office, review current agendas and/or past Council meeting minutes.
Contact your City Council Members
You are encouraged to call your City Council Members at (209) 571-5169 or fax them at (209) 571-5586.
Attend Budget Workshops
The Finance Committee of the Modesto City Council will review the Mayor's FY 09/10 Proposed Budget in May 2009. These workshops will be held in Council Chambers at Tenth Street Place, located at 1010 Tenth Street. The dates and times for these workshops will be posted online at www.modestogov.com.
- How do I address the Council at a meeting?
- Members of the public who wish to address the City Council regarding an agenda item during a meeting are required to fill out a blue Speaker's Card, available in the foyer of the Chambers. Submit the Speaker's Card to the City Clerk who will notify the Mayor. Once called by the Mayor, step to the speaker's podium. The Mayor will ask all speakers to state their name and address and then they are free to address the Mayor and Councilmembers with any comments or questions about the specific agenda item.
For written communications to the Council, a request to be on the agenda must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the Council meeting of concern. The request should include the following:
- Date of the meeting you would like your item to appear on the agenda;
- A brief description of your item;
- Any back-up information you would like the Council to receive prior to the meeting;
- and contact information to be used by the City Clerk to confirm your request.
- How do I get a copy of the Agenda and/or staff report?
- Agenda packets are available for review and copies of staff reports can be pick-up from the City Clerk's Office after 4 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the Council meeting. You can also view and download the agenda and supporting staff reports from the City Clerk's Office web page by clicking here
Agendas are also available in the Council Chambers prior to the meeting on Tuesday.
- Are there any Citizen Advisory Group vacancies? / How do I apply for a Citizen Advisory Group position?
- Citizen Advisory Group descriptions and vacancies can be viewed by clicking here