The City of Modesto has established a Local Incentive Zone
(Modesto Code Section 8-7.01 - Local Enterprise Zone) which
includes all properties with the zoning of light or heavy
manufacturing or business park (M1, M2 or BP). New and/or
expanding businesses qualify based on increased jobs per acre
and are eligible for the following incentives:
- Rebate of the Water Main Connection Charge paid by the business
- Rebate of the building inspection fees and plan checking fees paid by the business.
- Eligible for an accelerated inspection and plan check if the building and capital
investment exceeds $500,000
The rebates listed above are calculated as follows:
- 50% rebate for a new business with an increase of at least 4 employees per acre
- 100% rebate for a new business with an increase of at least 8 employees/acre
- 100% rebate for an expanding business with an increase of at least 8 employees per acre
- 100% rebate for a new or expanding manufacturer where the percentage of the site covered by the
new construction is at least 20% of the total site and the size of the new construction exceeds
150,000 sq. ft.
The rebates can be made after 1 year from the start of operation after verification of job creation.
The company qualifying for the rebates must contact the City’s Business Center to apply for
these incentives. The City staff will verify the job creation requirements and confirm that the Code
requirements have been met. The staff will then process the request for rebate after the 1-year anniversary
of the start of operations for the company.
The Request for Rebate forms are available from the Finance Department. The rebates must be confirmed
by the Business Center staff and approved by the Community & Economic Development Director.