City of Modesto FAQ's

Frequently Asked Questions Directory

Search by word or phrase:

Sort by Department:
Sort by Category:

Search Results

DepartmentCity Council
QuestionHow do I address the Council at a meeting?
AnswerMembers of the public who wish to address the City Council regarding an agenda item during a meeting are required to fill out a blue Speaker's Card, available in the foyer of the Chambers. Submit the Speaker's Card to the City Clerk who will notify the Mayor. Once called by the Mayor, step to the speaker's podium. The Mayor will ask all speakers to state their name and address and then they are free to address the Mayor and Councilmembers with any comments or questions about the specific agenda item.

For written communications to the Council, a request to be on the agenda must be submitted in writing to the City Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to the Council meeting of concern. The request should include the following:

  1. Date of the meeting you would like your item to appear on the agenda;
  2. A brief description of your item;
  3. Any back-up information you would like the Council to receive prior to the meeting;
  4. and contact information to be used by the City Clerk to confirm your request.
More Information