Frequently Asked Questions
Home Business Licenses
- What if I have a partner?
- Each partner is required to complete a Home Business Agreement application for each one of their Modesto addresses.
- Where should I post my business license?
- If you have a fixed place of business, the license must be posted in a visible location. If your business is mobile, carry your license with you.
- What if I have two different types of businesses at a single location?
- If all financial records are kept together, then only one license is required. If the financial records are kept separately, then multiple licenses are necessary.
- I used to have a Modesto business license, how do I reactivate it?
- As long as the ownership remains the same, you may reactivate a business license by paying the new license fees and any past due fees and taxes. There must also be a current business license application on file.
Click here to view or print the
Business License Application