Class Number: 110
Title: Project Management
OVERVIEW: Project management is the process of defining, planning, and guiding
a project from start to finish to successfully accomplishing project goals and objectives on time,
with identified constraints and within budget.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 2 hours
TARGET AUDIENCE: All Employees
FREQUENCY OF TRAINING: Taught 2 times per year
METHOD OF DELIVERY: Lecture
TRAINING GOAL: To understand the basics of project management.
- Identify business drivers for the project.
- Identify project scope – define the project.
- Identify project champions, the project team and end users.
- Identify tasks necessary to accomplish the project and resources available for project.
- Be able to develop a timeline for the project.
- Identify risks and constraints for the project.
|1. Get student list for Training Division
||4. Review curriculum
|2. Receive PowerPoint presentation
||5. Review PowerPoint presentation
|3. Print Handouts
||6. Rehearse for class
INSTRUCTOR TO STUDENT RATIO:
- 10-15 students – 1 instructor
- 15-20 students – 2 instructors
RESOURCES AND MATERIALS REQUIRED:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Curriculum Handouts (PowerPoint)
ASSESSEMENT: Assessment of this class will be accomplished through a Class
Evaluation Sheet. The Training Committee will review all class evaluation sheets on a quarterly
basis to specifically identify strength and weakness in both course content and instructor delivery
and take appropriate action(s) to continuously improve content or instructor delivery respectively.
May 12, 2008
Return to Course Listing