Battalion Chief & Training Officer
Welcome to the Regional Fire Training Center
1220 Fire Science Lane
Modesto CA 95351
Training Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Modesto Fire Department Training Division to provide the highest quality training,
instruction and evaluation to our members. This is intended to prepare our department to serve our community
in the most efficient and effective means possible, and to ensure personal safety as we deliver this service.
This shall be accomplished by:
- Encouraging individual and company training two hours per shift. rain or shine.
- Keeping abreast of all training requirements through the "Master Training Document".
- Maintaining for reference, the Modesto Fire Department "Training Manual".
- Maintaining complete comprehensive training records.
- Delivering the most meaningful and realistic training possible while ensuring personal safety.
The Training Division is responsible for the on-going training of all in-service companies. With the
numerous requirements placed upon the fire service today by the many regulatory agencies, (NFPA, ISO, OSHA,
ANSI, CCR, Regional EMS), the Training Division coordinates the training needed to comply with established
regulations. This division is staffed with one training
Battalion Chief, and one Administrative Analyst II.