Crime Free Multi-Housing
The Modesto Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is designed to help tenants,
owners, and managers of rental property keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property.
This program is honest and direct. It is solution-oriented and is designed to be easy, yet very
effective in reducing the incident of crime in rental property.
The program utilizes a unique three part approach that ensures the crime prevention goal while
maintaining an approach that is very tenant-friendly.
- Phase One is an 8-hour training seminar for property managers and owners
presented by the police department. Topics include tenant screening, crime prevention, evictions
and drug/gang recognition. Attendees receive a certificate upon completion.
- Phase Two is a security assessment of the rental property to certify that
minimum safety requirements have been met.
- Phase Three is when a tenant crime prevention meeting is conducted and the property
then receives full certification.
- Create safer rental properties and neighborhoods
- Enhance security and reduce the fear of crime for residents
- Facilitate a cooperative effort between rental property owners and managers, residents and police to minimize crime
- Promote effective property management through landlord training
- Reduce blight on rental properties
- Reduce police calls for service at rental properties