Modesto's Reserve Officer Unit
The Modesto Police Department’s Reserve Police Officer Unit is comprised of highly motivated and
skilled professionals dedicated to serving the citizens of Modesto. Although our reserve officers
are highly skilled and hourly city employees, they are not required to work a set schedule. Reserve
officers generate their own work schedules providing police services for our city, working thousands
of hours each year. The City of Modesto also saves thousands of dollars in public emergency services
funds each year from the contributions of time, dedication, and talent of our reserve officers.
The citizens and businesses in Modesto can be assured there will be no difference in the professional level of
police service they receive from any Modesto Police Officer whether regular or reserve.
How To Apply
- Have you ever wondered about truly enjoying your job, co-workers, getting personally rewarded and
financially compensated for it at the same time?
- Ever consider working within law enforcement in your own time without leaving your current career?
- Looking for something that costs you nothing, pays you well, and is truly rewarding?
- Have you considered full-time law enforcement but want to test the waters?
If you have an interest in learning more about law enforcement and the Modesto Police
Department, we encourage you to apply. We are currently accepting
applications for several Reserve Police Officer positions. To fill out an application,
click here. All
applications must be turned in to the Support Services
Modesto Police Department
600 10th Street
Modesto, CA 95353
All applicants must have completed (or be currently enrolled in) the Level II Course, Level I Course, or a basic
Police Academy. If the minimum course requirement has not been completed, the application will not be accepted.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 20.5 years of age at time of application and must be 21 by date of employment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. citizen prior to appointment.
- Must meet physical requirements of the job established by the department.
The Modesto Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer to all regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, marital status, age, mental or physical disability, or perceived disability, or sexual orientation.
Our Unit is continuously recruiting, testing, and hiring qualified applicants.
For further information about the Reserve Unit,
contact Sergeant Martha Delgado at