Modesto's Reserve Officer Unit
The City of Modesto offers an array of excellent non-medical related benefits to its Reserve Officers. In an
effort to help recruit and retain quality applicants, the following benefits are extended and available to our reserve officers.
- $20 per hour. Reserve officers can work a maximum of 32 hours a week, 64 hours per 2-week pay period
up to a maximum of 960 hours per year.
- PARS retirement contributions on each check
- Paid time includes training classes, monthly meetings and any associated court time.
- Rank and salary promotional opportunities
- Summer and winter uniform shirts & duty pants
- Level III vest, riot helmet, baton
- Firearm, baton, pepper spray, hand cuffs
- Duty belt & associated leather gear
- Other duty and safety related equipment
- PORAC Membership Available ($148.00 Annually)
- Legal Defense Fund Membership Available ($48.00 Annually)
- Goyette & Associates Legal Representation ($60.00 Annually)
- MPD Reserve Police Officer’s Association ($20.00 Annually)
- Free ammunition and use of indoor range
- Annual Reserve Appreciation Banquet & other MPD Reserve Officer Association sponsored social events
- Workers’ compensation for job related injury/illness
- Permanent disability and death benefits
- Ongoing job experience and training