Modesto's Reserve Officer Unit
The Testing Process
The testing and pre-employment process for Reserve Officers is handled by a specially assigned team of background
investigators to assure a rapid turnaround. The entire process usually takes approximately 2-3 months from the date
the application is accepted. Additional information may be obtained by calling the Support Division at (209) 572-9640.
- Application For Employment: Applicants meeting all requirements will be invited to participate the remainder of the
testing process highlighted below.
- Oral Interview: Applicants will be invited to interview before an Oral Board Appraisal Interview Panel to evaluate
their qualifications for the position of Reserve Officer.
- Background Investigation: All applicants will be required to submit to fingerprinting and a comprehensive background investigation.
- Polygraph Examination: All applicants will be required to submit to a polygraph examination which meets the requirements of the Modesto
- Physical Examination: A physical examination administered by a designated City Physician will be required prior to appointment. The examination
standards will be those utilized for the City of Modesto Police Officers.
- Psychological Examination: Applicants must pass a comprehensive psychological examination as determined by a departmentally selected
We are currently accepting applications for several open Reserve Police Officer positions.
Our Unit is continuously recruiting, testing, and hiring qualified applicants.