Date: June 5, 2013
Modesto Police Department
Office of the Chief of Police
600 10th Street, Modesto, Ca. 95354
Author: Officer Scott Nelson
Modesto, CA: Parking locations, road closures, and traffic control measures for the Kiwanis American Graffiti Parade on June 7th 2013.
The City of Modesto will be hosting the 14th annual Kiwanis American Graffiti Parade on June 7th, 2013. With the participation of George Lucas this year, the event is expecting the number of participants and spectators to greatly increase over previous years. Parade spectators and regular commuters in the area are encouraged to consider ride-sharing to the event and allow extra time to locate parking. We are also encouraging those planning on being in the area to be aware of the road closures and plan alternate routes to accommodate their needs, as the increased traffic and road closures will likely cause congestion in the downtown area.
Road closures around the parade route will begin at 2 PM on June 7th, 2013. The closures will consist of I St, J St, and all cross streets from 10th St through 17th St. G St and H St will remain open as well as K St and the roadways north of the parade route. The parade and road closures are expected to continue until approximately 9 PM.
Please be aware of the temporary “No Parking” signs posted on the route and surrounding staging area. These signs will be posted well in advance and strictly enforced as all vehicles in these areas will interfere with the parade.
The following are available parking locations:
- 9th St parking garage across from the Doubletree Hotel
- Parking garage at the corner of 11th St and K St near Brenden Theaters
- Center Plaza parking lot on 11th St between K St and L St
- Parking lots across from the Transit Center on 9th St (9th and I, 9th between I and J)
- Street parking not located in the parade route or staging area will be available. Areas which are limited by time will not be enforced after 4 PM.
- The CrossPoint Community Church parking lots are available and only a few blocks north of the parade route. They are in the area of 11th St and 12th St, from Needham Ave to M St.
Refer to the attached map of downtown Modesto illustrating the parade route, road closures, and parking areas.
Note: The City of Modesto ordinance against cruising will be enforced on McHenry Ave following the event.
For information regarding this press release, contact police public information Officer Scott Nelson at 209-652-2160 or email@example.com
See what crime may be occurring in your neighborhood. Visit us at: