Graffiti Summer 2014 is here! On Friday, June 6, the American Graffiti Parade will be happening on McHenry Avenue and in Downtown Modesto beginning at 3 p.m. Lots of people will be on McHenry Avenue and Downtown enjoying an array of classic cars, street rods and hot rods. This event includes several no parking zones and street closures.
No Parking Zones & Street Closures:
The following streets will be no parking zones beginning at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, June 6th and will be closed to through traffic beginning at 3:00 p.m. for parade staging. The streets will reopen at approximately 10:00 p.m.
· I Street between 9th and 17th Streets
· J Street between 9th and 5 points
· 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th Streets between I and J Streets.
· McHenry Avenue between J Street (5 points) and Orangeburg Ave.
· The parking garage on 11th Street between I Street and J Street will be impacted. Vehicles in this garage will not be permitted to leave after 6:30 p.m. as they are in the middle of the parade route.
The Official Kiwanis Classic Car Parade Route:
Starting at 10th Street and I Street, I Street to 17th Street, 17th Street to McHenry Ave. Northbound McHenry Ave to Orangeburg Ave. Back Southbound McHenry Ave. to J Street. J Street to 10th Street, 10th Street to I Street.
For more information regarding the Official Kiwanis Classic Car Parade or the American Graffiti Car Show and Festival that will be held at the Modesto Junior College West Campus, visit www.northmodestokiwanis.org , or call 1.888.746.9763.
For more information regarding Graffiti Summer 2014 events, visit www.visitmodesto.com or call the Modesto Convention and Visitor's Bureau at 209.526.5588.