What goes in my green can?
- The green can is for yard waste (grass, leaves, brush and tree trimmings), food waste and paper and cardboard products only (junk mail, shredded paper, magazines, phone books, computer paper, cereal or tissue boxes, etc.) Do not use plastic bags of any kind.
Where can I pay my garbage bill?
- Tenth Street Place - 1010 10th Street, 2nd Floor or any of the following pay stations:
Carranza Pharmacy: (209) 538-2971 - 1620 Crows Landing Road, Mon-Fri 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sat 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
IGA: (209)874-9751 - 12138 Yosemite Boulvard, Daily
7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Paradise Drugs: (209) 524-7726 - 400 Paradise Road,
Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m., Sat 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Raleys: (209) 551-2050 - 3020 Floyd Avenue, Daily 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Super Mercado Del Sol: (209) 575-1389 - 950 Kansas Avenue, Daily 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
We Cash II: (209) 576-2274 - 2900 Standiford Ste. 17,
Mon-Wed 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Thur-Fri 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Sat 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
How do I dispose of TVs and computer monitors?
- CRTs and other electronic waste can be recycled at the Stanislaus County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. The facility is located at 1716 Morgan Road (near Highway 99 and Hatch Road) and is open for drop-offs every Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (except holidays). This is a FREE service to all Stanislaus County residents. For more information, call the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at (209) 525-4123.
How do I dispose of tires?
- Free waste tire events are available when state grants permit. Contact your garbage company and request a tire coupon to be mailed to you. Take the coupon and tires to your garbage company on any of the dates listed on the coupon. NEVER carry more than nine (9) waste tires in your vehicle. For more information, call (209) 577-5494.
How do I schedule a bulky item appointment?
- Contact your garbage company to schedule your collection appointment. Items are picked up by appointment only twice per calendar year. Please see the bulky item pick up page for a list of acceptable and unacceptable items. Do not place your items in the street until the night before your appointment. This program is for City of Modesto residential garbage customers only, with current, active garbage service.
Bertollotti Disposal Service: (209) 537-8000
Gilton Solid Waste Management: (209) 527-3781
How do I dispose of electronics, hazardous waste, chemicals, etc.?
- The Stanislaus County Household Hazardous Waste Facility accepts paint, chemicals, e-waste, batteries, hypodermic needles and other wastes. The facility is located at 1716 Morgan Road (near Highway 99 and Hatch Road) and is open for drop-offs every Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (except holidays). This is a FREE service to all Stanislaus County residents. For more information, call the Household Hazardous Waste Facility at (209) 525-4123.
Where can I buy the City's compost?
- Compost is available for purchase at the City's Compost Facility, 7001 Jennings Road. Call (209) 538-2557 for more information.
Now through November 2010, 35 lb bags of compost are available for purchase Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to noon at the Senior Citizens Center, 211 Bodem Street. The bags are $3.00 plus tax.