Important information for storm-related issues:
- For life-threatening emergencies or structural damage, dial 9-1-1
- To report City tree emergencies, call (209) 342-2249
- To report street flooding, call (209) 577-6200
- To report traffic signal and/or street light outages, call (209) 342-2297
- For clogged storm drains, call (209) 577-6287 or (209) 577-6200
- Sandbags are available FREE to City of Modesto residents at the City of Modesto Corporation Yard, located at 501 N. Jefferson Street, 24 hours per day
- For downed power lines and electrical outages, call MID at (209) 526-8222 or (888) 997-8222 toll-free.
Welcome to City of Modesto, Department of Public Works!
The Public Works Department provides maintenance services for airport, streets, trees, traffic control systems,
parks, City buildings, City Parking, City vehicles, City Trees, graffiti removal, Garbage and Recycling; Green
Waste Collection, Traffic Engineering and Operations, and public transit.
The mission of the Public Works Department is to design, construct, operate and maintain public infrastructure
efficiently and effectively in order to protect public safety, and enhance the quality of community life. One of
our main goals is to be accessible to our customers.
We hope that this webpage and the associated links below will provide easy accessibility to our customers.