$1 per hour between the hours of 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
$5 per vehicle between the hours of 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Monthly Parking Permits:
Monthly parking permits can be purchased for $64 per month by calling the City of Modesto’s Finance Department at
The Future of Modesto Parking:
In the very near future, the City of Modesto will up-grade its parking program in the following ways:
- Automation: The City of Modesto will install pay-on-foot machines in all of its parking garages. These machines
will better assist our customers due to the pre-payment process that this equipment brings to the program.
Pre-payment will decrease the amount of time it takes for a vehicle to move through an exit gate. Currently it takes
anywhere from 25 to 50 seconds to move a vehicle through the exit gate. Once the pay-on-foot equipment has been
installed, a vehicle will exit the garage in 5 to 10 seconds. Pay-on-foot machines will be located in convenient
locations in all three of the City’s parking garages.
- Validation Program: The new automated equipment in the garages will accept multiple validations. Customers in the
downtown area will be able to shop, eat, or watch a movie while collecting validations at all approved retail sites.
The parking system will then total all validations per parking ticket and adjust the parking fee accordingly.
- Lighting: The City of Modesto is in the process of installing new lighting in the 9th and 11th
garages. The new lighting will be much brighter and use less power to operate.
- Security Cameras: Security cameras are on the Parking Division’s list of projects that will be completed within
the next 18 months.
- Parking Meters: Parking meters have been installed at the Centre Plaza parking lot and the two lots on 9th street.
These metered lots are fully operational and customer friendly.
For more information, please call (209) 342-2216.