What We Do
The Street Division is responsible for
maintaining the City’s streets, alleys, curbs, gutters
and sidewalks. We strive to provide a safe an efficient
travel system for vehicles, bikes and pedestrians
utilized by Modesto citizens and
The Street Division provides
maintenance services for pavement, curbs, gutters, and
sidewalks, performs monthly street sweeping and provides
vegetation maintenance in the road right of way. Our
staff also responds to emergency situations, assists
with spill clean-up, flood response and provides special
about any of our services, please call our office at
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a pothole repaired?
- Call 342-2244. Please be prepared to give details such as size and location of the pothole. Be sure to mention if the pothole is large enough to be a road hazard. Street Services has a 24 hour service to repair road hazards.
- Who maintains the City’s alleys?
- For potholes in the alley please call Street Services at 342-2244. The property owner is responsible for keeping the alley free of weeds and debris.
- How can I get sand bags during storms?
- The City will supply up to twenty (20) sandbags per residence to protect your property from flooding during a storm. If you live in the City call 342-2244. If you are a County resident call 525-4130.
In An Emergency
For EMERGENCY road hazards; please contact our 24 hour emergency service line at 342.2244.