For more detailed pest management information or to explore other topics related to pests and pesticides,
try the following resources. More information can also be found in the University of California Pest Notes
that are available from the Stanislaus County UCCE office and UCIPM website,
- Stanislaus County UC Cooperative Extension (UCCE) Office (209) 525-6800 provides help in
identifying pests and managing pests safely. Offers free and for-sale publications related to plant health,
pest problems and IPM.
- University of California Statewide Integrated Pest Management Project website,
This website is loaded with ideas on how to use less toxic methods to treat pest around the home and farm.
It also provides links to other websites and printed material.
- Stanislaus County Agricultural Commissioner (209) 525-4730 www.stanag.org/
- National Pesticide Telecommunications Network (800) 858-7358 an EPA service staffed by
highly trained pesticide specialists who provide knowledgeable answers to questions about pesticides.
Disposal of Pesticides
- The City of Modesto Environmental Services Section (209) 577-6377: Modesto has programs
that can help you safely treat pests and dispose of pesticides.
- The cities and County of Stanislaus Household Hazardous Waste Program (209) 525-4123: The
Household Hazardous Waste Program will take your unwanted pesticides. If you are a small business, call the
Small Quantity Generator hotline at (209) 525-6700.
- Emergency - 911:Always call 911 first in case of poisoning or other life threatening situations.
- California Poison Control System (800) 876-4766: Offers information about poisons and poisoning.
Back to the top