Stanislaus County Code, Title 14, Chapter 14.12, specifies the following Water Conservation Ordinances:
||Purpose of Regulations
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Stanislaus finds and declares that the State of California, including
the County of Stanislaus, is experiencing a drought and that conservation of water is a prudent and desirable goal
necessary for the public health and safety. The board further finds that it is timely for the county to take those
steps necessary to ensure an adequate local supply of water and that a water conservation program will assist that
goal. (Ord. CS 399 § 1 (part), 1990).
||Rules and Regulations
The following year round water conservation program, within the unincorporated area of the county, or which is otherwise
subject to the jurisdiction or control of the county, shall be as follows:
- Outdoor water use-prohibited daily between 12:00 NOON and 7:00 PM.
- Odd-numbered addresses water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Even-numbered addresses water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- No outdoor water use on Mondays.
- Car washing is subject to previous limitations with use of a positive shut-off nozzle.
- Hosing concrete areas, building exteriors, etc. may be done with city-issued permit and only with a positive shut-off nozzle.
- Water leaks, once identified, must be repaired within 24 hours.
- Restaurants are encouraged to serve water only on request.
- Water cannot be wasted and must be retained on site and not allowed to escape to roads or streets. (Ord. CS 399 § 1 (part), 1990).
The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to prohibit agricultural, commercial or industrial use of water or
domestic use of water controlled or scheduled by an irrigation authority, or use by schools. (Ord. CS 399 § 1 (part), 1990).
||Violations and Penalities
Any person that violates the provisions of this chapter shall be guilty of an infraction, and upon conviction thereof,
shall be punished as set forth in Section 1.36.020. The Director, or his/her designee, may however in his/her discretion,
elect not to treat the violation as an infraction, and may seek enforcement pursuant to Section 14.12.050 of this Code.
Click here for information on City of Modesto water regulations.