Business License Applications and Agreements
Applications and Agreements
|Business License Online Application||Required for Home, Commercial and Outside businesses. Only one submission of the Business License Application is required for each business.|
|Printable PDF - Business License Application||Printable PDF submissions may be used instead of the online form, but it must be mailed in. Required for Home, Commercial and Outside businesses.|
|Home Business Agreement Online Form||Required for a Home Business license. Only one submission of the Home Business Agreement is required. You must also submit your Business License Application.|
|Printable PDF - Home Business Agreement Form|
Printable PDF submissions may be used instead of the online form, but it must be mailed in. You must also submit your Business License Application.
|Reactivate Business License for Contractors||If you are a contractor, use this form to reactivate your Business license account when working within the City of Modesto.|
|Request for Circus Application Form||Required for Circus businesses.|
|Request for Carnival Application Form||Required for Carnival businesses.|
|Special Event and Itinerant Application||Required for Special Event and Itinerant (traveling) Vendors|
|Sidewalk Food Vendor Online Application||Permit required for Sidewalk Food Vendors|
|Stormwater Discharge Compliance Form||Required for renewing or applying for a business license.|
Tips for Submitting your Application and Agreement
- Read your information thoroughly to make sure you are submitting a completed and correct application and agreement (if applicable).
- Please be sure that the business start date and owner information are filled in.
- Make sure the application and agreement (if applicable) are signed.
- Mail completed application(s), agreement and payment to: City of Modesto, PO Box 3442, Modesto, California, 95353.
- Make checks payable to City of Modesto, for the appropriate Business License tax (fee). We cannot process incomplete applications or applications returned with incorrect Business License tax (fee).
- Online business license applications will receive an email for the balance due, along with instructions on how to pay online.