Holiday Parade Rules
We expect everyone participating in the parade to know and abide by all parade rules. The person who signed the application is responsible for providing a copy of the rules and maps to all entry participants. Your signed application will be available to any person in your group who states they did not have access to the rules.
Applications must be submitted by 4:30 PM on November 20, 2020 via:
- Mail to Tony Amaral, City of Modesto Parks, Recreation and Neighborhoods Department, P.O. Box 642, Modesto, CA 95353
- Hand delivery to the Parks, Recreation and Neighborhoods Department office at 1010 10th Street, Suite 4400
- Email to Tony Amaral. Payment can be made over the phone 209-577-5445
- All entries MUST have lights and festive holiday decorations. The more lights that you have, the better your entry will look in the dark. Entries without lights will not be allowed to participate. There is no exception to this rule.
- All entries must have own power source. No electricity outlets will be available for use.
- Entries may not have more than 5 people in attendance on the display. There must be one adult supervisor
present with every entry.
- All entry attendees must wear face coverings and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing with non-household members at all times.
- Candy/favors/handouts are strictly prohibited. Absolutely no item may be handed out or thrown from an entry.
This is for the safety of everyone involved.
- Absolutely no Santa or Santa costumes will be allowed on any entry or your application will be declined.
Santa will be displayed at the end of the route for all to enjoy.
- We encourage festive music, lots of smiles (behind masks) and to have your organization’s banner displayed on the
side of your entry.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages will be allowed.
- All entries are required to stay for the full duration of the event
Parade marshals along the route will monitor entries and violators will be disqualified from judging. Aside from not abiding by the rules, your entry will be disqualified if any of the below requirements are not met.
- If your entry exceeds 75 feet on the day of the parade or is wider than 20 feet, you will be asked to comply with registered total length or forfeit entry. Your participation may be jeopardized if your entry exceeds allotted space and/or does not comply with rules.
- All vehicles used for your entry must be in their assigned staging location in the staging area between 2:30 PM and 4:00 PM.
- All entries must have lights.
Floats and Vehicles
- Entries may not exceed 75 feet in length and 20 feet in width.
Entry Check-in and Staging Information
- Designated staging area location information will be emailed to you the week of the parade.
- You may not drop people off or park non-parade entry vehicles inside the staging area. Please inform all participants and parents/guardians of this rule and pre-determine a drop off and / or pick up location.
- You will be provided with an entry number when you check in at the staging area on the day of the parade. This entry number must be on display in a visible location on the front left side of the vehicle or float.
- All vehicles used for your entry must be in their assigned staging location in the staging area between 2:30 PM and 4:00 PM. Absolutely no vehicles will be allowed in after 4:00 PM This is for the safety of all.
- Only vehicles that have been approved on the entry application and driving in the parade will be allowed in the designated staging areas.
- Entries do not return to original staging location for tear-down.