Self- Inspection Checklist
General items to take a look at on the outside of your building.
- A minimum of three feet of clearance must be maintained around fire hydrants.
- Address numbers are visible from the street, minimum of four inches high with a contrasting background.
- Dumpsters or trash containers must be a minimum of five feet from the building opening or roof overhangs.
- Fire lanes and access roads are clear and unobstructed.
- If the building is equipped with a fire sprinkler or standpipe system, there should be no obstructions, with a clear space of at least three feet around connections.
- Up-to-date keys within the Knox Box. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Take a look at these items inside of your building.
- Aisles and stairways free of storage and obstructions.
- All exit doors free of obstructions and unlocked during business hours.
- Clearance is maintained from combustible storage and ignition sources such as heaters and light fixtures.
- Each floor has one fire extinguisher for every 3,000 square feet.
- Exit signs and emergency lights are operational with primary and emergency power supplies.
- Extension cords cannot be used in place of permanent wiring.
- Fire doors are not blocked open and are self-closing and self-latching.
- Fire extinguishers are visible and easily accessible.
- Fire extinguishers have been inspected and tagged by a licensed contractor within the past 12 months.
- Fire walls are maintained in good condition and free of holes.
- Maintain storage two feet from the ceiling.
- Signs identifying rooms containing fire protection equipment are installed.
- Thirty inches of clear space in front of all electrical panels. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
If you have fire sprinkler or alarm systems installed, take a look at these items.
- Fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems are inspected annually by a licensed contractor.
- Kitchen fire suppression systems are inspected every six months by a licensed contractor.
- Access to all fire protection equipment is unobstructed.
- Storage is maintained eighteen inches below sprinkler head deflectors.
- Sprinkler heads are free of paint, lint and any other debris.
- Smoke alarms are inspected and tested as required by the manufacturer. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>