COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Program
The Small Business Assistance Program application period ended at midnight, May 14, 2020.
On April 14, 2020, the Modesto City Council approved a COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) that provides the following assistance benefits:
- Deferral of city business (Mill) taxes for up to 90 calendar days from April 30, 2020.
- Deferral of city business license fees for up to 90 calendar days from April 30, 2020.
- Deferral of city Utility payments for up to 90 calendar days from April 30, 2020.
- Access to zero-interest forgivable Emergency Loans provided under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program with total funding of $250,000. Emergency Loans can cover up to two months operating expenses to a maximum total loan of $10,000. Businesses that have been awarded Stanislaus County Small Business Relief Grants are ineligible for the Small Business Assistance Program Emergency Loan.
Small businesses must apply for Small Business Assistance Program (SBAP) benefits; they are not automatic.
Basic eligibility requirements for the Small Business Assistance Programs available to City of Modesto businesses.
The Small Business Assistance Program comprises four component assistance programs. This page provides the specific requirements of each assistance program.
You must log in to your profile to complete an application for this program. As you progress through the application, be sure to click on the "Save Progress" button in the form’s upper right corner.
- When will I be able to apply for Small Business Assistance Program benefits?
- Are any Small Business Assistance Program benefits automatic or do I need to apply for each one?
- Can I apply for just one part of the program?
- Who do I contact if I have questions or need assistance with my application?
- Can my business apply to both Modesto's Small Business Assistance Program and also to Stanislaus County's Small Business Relief Program?