Learn & Explore
Explore various free educational resources available from all over the country
Valentines Day Activities and Science Experiments
- Printable Chemistry Valentine’s Day Puns
- Love Bug Valentine Craft
- Salt Crystal Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentine Heart Chromatography Experiment with Markers
- Magic Erupting Color Reveal Science Valentines for Kids
- Valentine’s Day Coding Bracelets - If you want to help your kids learn to code, this simple challenge is a fun way to make coding for kids come alive!
- Conversation Hearts Math- Math can be fun even on Valentine’s Day when you do your STEM activities and math. It’s super fun to use conversation hearts as manipulatives for Valentine’s Day.
- Fizzing Hearts science experience- These fizzing hearts are the perfect way to introduce kids to chemical reactions!
- Lava Lamp Science - Learn about science this Valentine’s Day with this fun Valentine’s lava lamp science experiment! Kids will have a blast with this Valentine’s Day STEM activity!
- Easy Valentines Oobleck Recipe - If your kids love oobleck, then they will love this fun version made with conversation hearts!
- Valentines Math Activities - Kids can learn common factors between numbers in this super-simple, Valentine’s Day Venn diagram factors math project!
- Valentines Day Bingo- Kids will love playing this game over and over again, and you can use the cards in a variety of ways to strengthen number recognition, counting skills, or math facts!
- Junior Giants Digital Dugout - games, educational activities, and video. Registration is free.
- Parks to Kids Join us & the National Park Trust to keep kids and families connected to the outdoors from home.
- Stanislaus County Library - Local resources available to the community
- Modesto City Schools Resources - Distanced learning, at-home resources, social emotional support, and frequently asked questions
- Enjoy Free Arts and Crafts Resources including virtual tours!
- Khan Academy- Free education resources for all age level to help with distance learning. You can also download the free app!
- San Diego Zoo Kids- Read stories, learn about the animals, play games, do crafts and activities.
- 50 Riddles and Brain Teasers for Kids- Can you and your kiddos decode these?
- Architectural Buildings in Dubai- Learn about the most famous architectural buildings in Dubai, from massive malls to dazzling skyscrapers.
- Explore Yellowstone, Yosemite and the Grand Canyon all from the comfort of your home!
- The Louvre-Paris- Check out this world renown museum in Paris, France.
- Van Gogh-Amsterdam- Take a virtual tour of this historic museum
- STEM Activity Sheets- Changing the World with Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math
- Giants Geometry - This lesson identifies types of triangles and angles throughout Oracle Park & helps students learn why triangles play an important role in a ballpark.
- Dancing Raisins Science Experiment - Are they moving? Yes! They’re floating, they’re bobbing up and down, they’re dancing!
- Explore Disneyland by taking your family on virtual Disneyland rides!
- Harry Potter At Home - has the touch of magic you need in your home, with quizzes and games to help you to relive the popular book and film series.
- Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose - The museum may be closed, but you can take a tour virtually. Enjoy the many educational broadcasts and hands-on learning activities, along with insightful resources.
- Explore Tembe Elephant Park - EXPLORE is the largest live nature cam network on the planet. They bring nature to you, raw, unscripted, and unedited. Enjoy the natural world as it unfolds in real time in front of our cameras.
- Science Experiments- 37 Kid Friendly Cool Science Experiments to Do at Home.
- Explore zoos and aquariums across the country, including Smithsonian’s National Zoo, through virtual behind the scenes tours and lessons. Many have live webcams so you can watch the animals any time.
- Printable Math Worksheets- Available for elementary aged kids focusing on math, measurement and shapes!
- PBS Kids - Games, Videos, Online and Downloadable Activities and Podcasts featuring your favorite PBS characters. Topics covered on PBS KIDS include adventure, feelings, math, teamwork and vocabulary.
- PBS KIDS Games App - is free to download and offers fun games that incorporate math, science, and creativity for ages 2-8.
- Winchester Mystery House Virtual Tour - Enjoy a virtual tour the Winchester Mystery House
- 15 Broadway Plays and Musicals - Numerous Broadway Plays you can view from the comfort of your home
- Scholastic Kids Learn from Home - Day-to-day projects to keep kids learning, thinking and playing from home
- NASA at home- Photos, videos, game all about Earth, Space NASA
- National Geographic - Kids games, videos of animals and more
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Animal Cams - View live cameras of animals
- Virtual Tour of NYC Parks - Tour multiple Parks in New York City
- Science with Professor Egghead - Free Livestream daily at 12:00 PM covering different topics in science with demonstrations on states of matter, polymers, chemical reactions, force and motion!
You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Nextdoor.com for department updates and activities. We would love to see the ways you are recreating at home, use #MoRecAtHome #ModestoParksandRec & #ModestoTogether
Friendship Line California- 1(888) 670-1360 The Friendship Line, a free 24-hour "warm" line for older adults and caregivers. Even in these challenging times, friendship is always a phone call away.