Explore fun ways to get moving and keep active while at home.
- Kidz Love Soccer has put together some free, fun activities to try.
- Young at Heart Strength Training has many options to stay toned and strong at home with exercises suitable for any fitness level.
- Zumba Classes by Deanna Olsen and Zumba Gold - Modesto’s Senior Center Zumba teacher’s YouTube videos
- Backyardtisan- Guide to Backyard Activities
- Chair Yoga- Chair yoga is a variation of traditional yoga, where the individual uses a chair to ease the intensity of stretching the body while allowing the mind to relax.
- Chair Exercise- An energetic aerobic chair exercise class that is safe, heart healthy, and gentle on the joints. Increase strength, balance and range of motion.
- Meditation- Meditate from the comfort of a chair. Meditations can reduce stress and anxiety, improve immune system through breathing and allowing mind to relax.
- Stretch Your Body- Try these 15 at-home stretches you should do every day to relieve stress, increase blood flow and posture.
- Family Friendly Cardio Workout Video- This video is a great 15 minute cardio workout for all ages.
- Activity Cube Template- Exercise at home with your while family using this great tool.
- 87 Energy-Busting Games for Kids - Fun Indoor games and activities.
- At Home Exercises provided by Healthy Aging Association - Group fitness routines you can do at home
- Nike Training Club - Provides free workouts for everything from bodyweight-only sessions, invigorating yoga classes, targeted training programs, and full-equipment home workouts for all fitness levels.
- Fitness Blender Kids Workout - 25 Minute Fun Workout for Kids at Home.
- GoNoodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Nextdoor.com for department updates and activities. We would love to see the ways you are recreating at home, use #MoRecAtHome #ModestoParksandRec & #ModestoTogether
Friendship Line California- 1(888) 670-1360 The Friendship Line, a free 24-hour "warm" line for older adults and caregivers. Even in these challenging times, friendship is always a phone call away.