Request for Qualifications and/or Interest
Request of Qualification and/or Interest (RFQ/I)
The City of Modesto is seeking a qualified developer to acquire the site from the City and develop a hotel. The RFQ/I initiates the process and the City will evaluate the developer qualifications.
Required Intention to Submit Response
Interested parties are requested to indicate their intention to submit a response to the RFQ/I no later than January 22, 2021. Email a confirmation to Julia Maniscalco that includes your key contact person’s information so you can be added to the City’s list of respondents, and for the purpose of any amendments to this RFQ/I. You will be provided a receipt of the e-mail.
Proposals are due no later than 4:00 pm on March 5, 2021. Based on the evaluation of the submittals received, the City will create a short list of the most qualified developers and invite the short-listed firms to submit competitive development proposals through a subsequent Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
Subsequent Evaluation Process
Based on the evaluation of the submittals received in response to this RFQ/I, the City will:
- Create a short list of the most qualified developers
- Invite the short-listed firms to submit development proposals through a subsequent Request for Proposals (RFP) process
- Select a preferred developer to move forward to the negotiating phase
- Create and present an Exclusive Negotiating Agreement (ENA).
Note: The City may determine that one RFQ/I respondent’s qualifications far exceed the other respondents and is a clear fit for this effort. In this event, the City reserves the right to forego the competitive RFP process and enter directly into an ENA with the preferred developer, and during the ENA period the preferred developer would be required to submit a detailed project proposal as a condition of the ENA.
The links below are key policy and background documents for the project and are provided as additional resources to interested respondents. If you need assistance with these documents, please contact City Planning.
- HVS Downtown Hotel Feasibility Study
- Downtown Redevelopment Master Plan (PDF)
- Long Range Property Management Plan (PDF)
- General Plan Amendment 2040
- Municipal Code and Zoning Ordinance
- City of Modesto Downtown Master Plan
- Downtown Parking Map (PDF)