- Departments & Offices
- City Manager's Office
- Modesto Forward: COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
Modesto Forward: COVID-19 Recovery Strategy
American Rescue Plan
The American Rescue Plan is delivering direct relief to the American people, rescuing the American economy, and starting to beat the COVID-19 virus. Distributions of more than $360 billion in emergency funding for state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments are being made to ensure that they are in a position to keep front line public workers on the job and paid, while also effectively distributing the vaccine, scaling testing, reopening schools, and maintaining other vital services.
The Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide a substantial infusion of resources to help turn the tide on the pandemic, address its economic fallout, and lay the foundation for a strong and equitable recovery.
- Help Americans Stay in their Homes
- Finding Vaccine
- Getting Health Care Coverage
- Job Assistance
- Small Business Assistance
More about the American Rescue Plan
The City of Modesto has been allocated $45,897,056 in American Rescue Plan Funds. The $45.89 million in funding will be allocated from the U.S Treasury directly to the City in two tranches: 50 percent would be made available within 60 days after enactment of the law. The remaining 50 percent would be distributed 12 months after the initial allocation. The deadline to obligate funds is December 31, 2024 and the deadline to expend the funds is December 31, 2026.
Although the American Rescue Plan prescribes what ways the money can be spent, we want to know what you think.
We invite you to take a brief 10 question survey to tell us how you feel the next allotment of American Rescue Plan dollars can best support our communities. The survey will run from March 29 through April 19, 2022.
COVID-19 continues to have a significant global impact, and the City of Modesto recognizes the need to implement initiatives that can help move Modesto Forward.
With the American Rescue Plan Funds that were allocated to Modesto, the City is prioritizing critical investments in the following areas:
- Economic Vitality: Investments in initiatives that can help spur development, and support for business retention, attraction, and expansion.
- Governance and Service Delivery: Budget relief for the organization that offset COVID-19 expenses, and investments in critical departments that will improve services for the community.
- Quality of Life: Essential investments in public and mental health, homelessness, and community amenities.
Modesto Forward Strategy - Year 1 (PDF)
American Rescue Plan Presentation for Standing Committees - April 2022 (PDF)