Shared Container Contract Application
Per the City of Modesto Municipal Code 5-5.110, all residential dwelling units and commercial businesses are required to have solid waste services. If customers are interested in sharing 1-set of services (garbage, organic, and recycling containers) an approved contract must be on file.
To apply Party A (the non-billed account) will need to review this agreement, fill out the required information and provide the required documentation as needed. Once your application is reviewed by our office, it will be processed and you will be notified by letter of the status. If approved, all parties will be sent a Signature Page to complete the contract application process.
Parties must reside within the City limits of Modesto and must be next door neighbors or businesses so as not to transport trash across a city street. All accounts must be in good standing with the City of Modesto and their assigned hauler.
Tenants- please be advised that if approved, this agreement does not supersede your rental agreements with the property owners and/or property management company. If your property owner and/or management company desires you to have your own garbage service then you must comply with that agreement.
Please print and keep a copy for your contract application. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
Per the City of Modesto Municipal Code, the following restrictions apply:
- Solid Waste may not accumulate on either property.
- Garbage and Organics containers must be placed out on a weekly basis for collection.
- Recycling containers are to be placed out on proper alternative collection weeks for servicing.
- Containers shall be kept continuously closed except when solid waste is being placed therein or removed therefrom and shall at all times be closed against the access of flies, rodents, animals, and odors to the contents thereof.
- Proper source separation is required and is the responsibility of all generators.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place anything other than garbage and rubbish in a black container or detachable container used for garbage.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place anything other than small green waste, food waste or organic waste in a green container or detachable container used for organics waste.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place anything other than recycling in a blue container or detachable container used for recycling.
- Containers are not allowed to be stored in the public right-of-way and shall only be placed out for service according to the City of Modesto Municipal Code 5-5.120.
- Improper usage of containers may result in administrative actions against the billed customer.
- No standard container shall exceed one hundred (100) pounds in weight when filled for collection or removal, except when detachable or drop box containers are used.
Failure to comply with any of these codes may result in the cancellation of this shared container service, in which case each customer will be required to have its own service.
This agreement will automatically end if the any of the following has occurred:
- The non-billed customer starts service
- One or more parties to this agreement no longer resides at the approved address