High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate
City of Modesto water customers in single and multi-family homes may be eligible for a rebate when they replace their old clothes washer with a high efficiency clothes washer. The rebate amount may not exceed $200 per City of Modesto water account. Funding is limited and applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. The City reserves the right to terminate this program at any time and for any reason.
The average American family washes about 300 loads of laundry each year. ENERGY STAR can help families cut their related energy and water costs. ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers use about 25% less energy and 40% less water than regular washers.
View an online list of High Efficiency Clothes Washers or call us with questions.
How to Apply
- Obtain an application using one of the following methods:
- If you are not applying online, send completed paper application and the original sales receipt to one of the following:
City of Modesto Attention:Water Division - Rebate Program
PO Box 642
Modesto CA 95353
- Fax: 209-342-4568
A City of Modesto representative may contact you to schedule a brief appointment to verify installation of the new High Efficiency Clothes Washer.
Program Guidelines and Participation Section
- City of Modesto customers who pay a water utility bill to the City of Modesto
- Customer accounts that are in good standing
- Tenants who provide written approval from the property owner or property manager.
- Program applies to clothes washers purchased between July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
- Rebate application must be submitted within 60 days of sales receipt.
- The qualifying clothes washer must remain at the installation site for a minimum of six months after installation.
Clothes Washer (Qualifying for rebate)
- New clothes washer must be an Energy Star label appliance which meets Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) standards for energy and water consumption standards.
- Qualifying units must have a water factor of 5 or less
- The list of eligible clothes washers and washer rebate values is subject to change.
- Clothes washer installation, new construction, accessories, and taxes do not qualify.
- Rebate checks will be mailed within 8 weeks after completing the rebate process.
- Rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of a new clothes washer.
- Rebates are limited to one per household within a five (5) year period.
Application and Rebate Approval or Denial
- On-site compliance verification may be required.
- The original itemized dated sales receipt for the new clothes washer is required (copies not accepted). Scanned original will be accepted via only submittal only.
- Incomplete, incorrect or unsigned applications cannot be processed. We will contact you with any discrepancies and may require you to submit a new application.
- Customer must fulfill all program guidelines in order to be eligible for rebates.
- The rebate application must be submitted within 60 days of sales receipt.
- The Rebate Program is not responsible for materials lost by mail.
- Rebates are processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Funding for this rebate program is limited to available resources.
- Rebate amounts are subject to change without notification.
- This program shall at all times be subject to change or termination without prior notice.
- Clothes washers that are leased, rebuilt, rented, received from warranty or insurance claims, exchanged, won as a prize, or have had new parts installed in an existing unit do not qualify for a rebate.