Council and Community:
I’m pleased to report on progress made as part of the city’s Capital Improvement Program.
Here’s a quick look at the accomplishments for the month of April:
- Starting on page 9, the Police Department reports on crime and arrests, including a five-year comparison.
- The Public Works department made progress with the SB1 slurry project finishing 9 of 96 lane miles to be completed by the end of 2019. See detailed maps on page 13.
- Community & Economic Development has started a Bus Turnout project on Dale Road. The project will help traffic flow south of Veneman Avenue.
- For Parks, Recreation, and Neighborhoods, construction continued on the Mellis Park Improvements project, and included the pavement of pedestrian walkways and the construction of the picnic pavilion. You can read the full report and see pictures of the Mellis Park project on page 15.
- In the Utilities Department, significant work was accomplished on the construction of the Water Corporation Yard, including the framing, and underground utilities; more on page 17. Construction officially kicked off for the Amtrak North Parking Lot – more on page 19. And at Del Rio Tank 14, the installation of the 16” water main was installed and completed. See page 16.
Looking ahead to pleasant weather, I anticipate a strong month of construction in May.
As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions on sharing this material more broadly with the community.
Click for the full April City Manager's Update