The City of Modesto will be receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for Fiscal Year 2023-2024 (July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024). A portion of CDBG and ESG funds will be used to fund Public Service programs to directly benefit low-income families and individuals within the City of Modesto
Neighborly Software Application Portal
Calendar of Events
- February 9, 2023 - Notice of Funding Availability Release Date
- February 22, 2023 - Mandatory Technical Workshop and opening of the application period
Opening of CDBG & ESG Grant Application period. A Virtual Grant Technical Assistance Workshop will be held via Teams from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Attendance is Mandatory – No Exceptions.
Join the meeting on February 22, 2023
Meeting ID: 261 783 016 358
Join by Phone: 469-998-7409
Phone Conference Id: 483 081 619
- March 17, 2023 - Application Deadline via Neighborly Software by 4:00 PM
- March 20-24, 2023 - Application Review Period
- March 30-31, 2023 - Grant Presentations to the Application Review Committee
- Grant presentations to City of Modesto Grant Review Committee
- In-person Grant Presentations with a ten minute limit. Will be notified individually upon acceptance of your application.
- April 7, 2023 – Deadline to submit appeals of Technical Review by 4:00 PM
- April 13, 2023 – Draft Fiscal Year 2023-2024 Annual Action Plan Public Review to CH&CDC at 12:00 PM
- May 9, 2023 - Final Plans and funding allocations presented to City Council during the public hearing at 5:30 PM
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in these meetings, please contact the City Clerk 209-577-5396. Notification of 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact: City of Modesto Community Development Division at 1010 10th Street, Suite 3100, Modesto CA 95351 or by calling 209 577-5211.