Compliance with Senate Bill 205 does not affect all businesses, but all business are required to submit the Stormwater Discharge Compliance Form prior to renewing or applying for a Business License in the City of Modesto. For assistance with this process, please contact the Region 5 Central Valley Regional Water Board by calling 916-464-4764 or emailing Jenna Yang.
Finding Your Business’ SIC Codes
To find your code(s) do one of the following:
- Look up your SIC Codes by searching keyword(s). (For example: metal recycling) or;
- Request the SIC code(s) from your insurance broker.
Record the primary Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code(s) for your business type for verification purposes on the Stormwater Discharge Compliance form provided by the City of Modesto. When renewing or applying for a Business license in the City of Modesto.
Only those businesses with primary Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes that are identified by the State Water Board as requiring enrollment in the Industrial General Permit (IGP) are affected. Verify if any of the Primary SIC Codes for your business type match any of the regulated SIC codes listed on the Water Board website.
Industrial (NPDES) Permit
If applicable to your business, you must fill out and submit the Required Applications and Forms for your business and obtain the following numbers from the State Water Board before renewing or applying for a Business license in the City of Modesto.
- Waste Discharge Identification Number (WDID)
- Waste Discharge Identification Application Number
- No Exposure Certification (NEC) Identification Number
- Notice of Non Applicability (NONA) Identification Number